Ten lifestyle goals for a better life
1. Get enough rest every day
– People with better health and longevity sleep at least 7-8 hours a day.
– Taking time for relaxation and daily recovery is also good for the body and mind.
2. Engage in regular physical activity
– Aim for no more than 30-60 minutes of physical activity, ideally every day of the week.
– Do strengthening exercises at least two times a week to maintain a healthy, lean body weight
3. Eat more plant-based foods
– Try to eat at least 5 (up to 9 recommended) servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
– Limit fatty meats and foods high in cholesterol.
– Peas, beans, nuts and soy products are good plant-based protein sources.
4. Eat more whole-grain loaves of bread and cereals
– Try to eat at least three servings of whole grains a day (including brown rice and oatmeal).
– Limit highly refined grains such as white bread, pastries, white rice and sugary cereals.
5. Choose healthy fats
– Instead of animal oils, choose non-hydrogenated vegetable oils and kinds of margarine without trans fats solid fats like butter, hard margarine and vegetable fat.
– Eat at least one serving of nuts (1-ounce walnuts or two tablespoons peanut or almond butter) daily.
– Eat foods rich in n-3 fatty acids every day, such as flaxseed flour, walnuts, soybeans, canola and soybean oil.
6. Achieve/maintain a healthy weight
– A BMI of less than 25 is ideal. A BMI of 30 or extra indicates obesity and high risk.
– A waist measurement of fewer than 37 inches for men and less than 32 inches for women is ideal.
– A waist measurement of 40 inches or more indicates a high risk for males, and 35 inches or more means an increased risk for females.
7. Be free from tobacco, illegal drug or alcohol addiction.
– 85,000 people die prematurely each year from alcohol
– More than 400,000 people die prematurely every year from the effects of smoking
– Drug use can lead to addictions that can destroy physical, mental and emotional health
8. Keep a cheerful and hopeful attitude towards life.
– Choose to get the bright side of life. Be happy. Laugh a lot. Give them joy and hope
, work, and live every day. Seek help if you feel sad and depressed for a long time.
9. Spend quality time with your family or friends every day.
– Supportive relationships build solid hearts and a happy mind. Practice the essence of friendship,
love and acceptance. Share kindness with someone you live and work with every day.
10. Make time each day for spiritual renewal : Ten lifestyle goals
– Schedule a quiet time each day to read, pray, meditate, and seek spiritual renewal. a prepared heart
with gratitude, forgiveness and service will help you overcome life’s difficulties and challenges.
I desire to take the time to make health a personal priority in my life.
Also Read :- benefits of living healthy
Review Ten lifestyle goals for a better life.