Train a Dog at Home
If you get a dog, then it is necessary to devote time to its upbringing and instill discipline skills so that you are calm and others feel safe. The fastest way to resolve the situation is training — teaching the dog commands.
Sometimes training can be tiring, but it is very useful for your pet. But if you are tired of training, then relax without leaving home and try bitcoin betting. While your pet dog is snoring at your feet.
Table of Contents
Why Do You Need Dog Training?
A disciplined dog will save you from:
- various problems on the walk;
- the destruction of a house or apartment;
- damage to clothing, and shoes;
- the discontent of passers-by;
- unexpected barking, screeching, and other things.
Raising a puppy and instilling discipline skills should be done starting from an early age — as experts recommend, from the moment when the four-legged turns 3 months old. Every owner wants to instill certain skills in his pet. For some, it is enough for a four—legged friend to bring slippers, and calmly greet guests, others need reliable security, and others need an artist. All puppies are well trained, quickly acquiring specific skills with the right approach.
So, for What Purpose Do I Learn Commands with a Dog?
To educate. The dog must understand the prohibitions, and learn the simplest norms of behavior. So all family members will feel comfortable around him.
To discipline. A four-legged friend, of course, is everyone’s favorite, but he must understand that the person is the main one. The animal gradually begins to respect and listen to the owner.
Teach. If the dog was acquired for certain occupations (hunting, guarding, guiding), then he needs to be instilled with specific skills. This is usually done by experienced specialists.
The most pleasant bonus of training is the rapprochement of the owner and the animal. Having fun playing, they respect and understand each other, which leads to a strong friendship.
Self-Study or Coaching?
Many are sure that proper dog training is possible only under the supervision of a specialist. A pet can be taught a lot on its own. Of course, this is a time-consuming task. Puppies are very smart, capable, and kind, but at the same time naughty. They tend to run away from the owner and go about their business. Therefore, it is necessary to start training the simplest commands in 2-3 months.
The owner needs to be as patient and restrained as possible. Not everyone can do it, so many turn to dog handlers. But, if you got a puppy just for fun, without planning to teach him specific skills, then you can safely do home training.
Features of Homeschooling
If you are concerned about the question of how to train a dog at home, then remember that you need to be strict. If the student has carried out the order correctly, he should be praised, and for disobedience, he should be reprimanded. Four-legged friends react very well to intonation. It is enough to express dissatisfaction with a disappointed voice so that the animal understands its mistake.
Homeschooling has its advantages:
- classes in a familiar atmosphere exclude stressful situations;
- the student listens only to his owner;
- no need to waste time on a trip to the dog handler;
- expenses are reduced (for the road, payment for the services of specialists).
- At the same time, independent training has disadvantages:
- it takes a lot of time and effort;
- restricts training to a set of teams — not all skills can be instilled at home;
- gives less effective training (especially if a particular breed is difficult to train);
- leaves the possibility of committing wrong actions to the owner, which often fixes undesirable skills in the dog.